[ovs-discuss] Interconnection of subnets using OVS

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Sat Sep 26 18:26:57 UTC 2015

> On Sep 26, 2015, at 1:09 AM, Nishanth Devarajan <dev_raj82 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the quick reply Justin. Can I use port mirroring for the job?  What would you suggest.

Please don't drop the list.

If you want to interconnect networks, I don't think mirroring is what you want.  Mirroring is for sending a copy of traffic for some collector--usually for off-box analysis.  For testing, I would probably use vxlan or geneve (if it's available on your platform), since those will have the best performance characteristics with the fewest caveats if you later want to run it in production.  As I mentioned, though, any of the tunneling mechanisms are fine for testing.

--Justin