[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch and OpenDaylight integration failed

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Mon Sep 28 16:31:20 UTC 2015

> On Sep 28, 2015, at 1:01 AM, 俊 赵 <zhaojun12 at outlook.com> wrote:
>

> I also have a VM running openvswitch. The VM has only one port called eth0, and I create a bridge called s1, I add port eth0 to s1.
>
> Now I can use ssh to connect to my VM.
>
> But as soon as I set openvswitch's controller to opendaylight, I lose ssh connection with my VM!

OpenDaylight is probably dumping the flows that allow the SSH connectivity.  Since OVS is just doing what ODL tells it, I think you'll have better luck asking followup questions on an ODL list.

> My VM has only one port eth0, and I create a bridge s1. I set its controller to opendaylight.
>
> If I donot attach eth0 to s1, can I add flow rules to control traffic going through port eth0?

What do you have in mind?  If you generate traffic that goes through the Linux hypervisor's IP stack (e.g., sending traffic out a tunnel), you have control over what s1 can send, but you won't have control over eth0 directly.  I don't think that's exactly what you're suggesting, though, so the answer is probably no.

--Justin