[ovs-discuss] how to get dpdk pmd's assigned per port.

David Evans davidjoshuaevans at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:27:48 UTC 2015

Thank you Daniele.

I like the way the multi-queue round robin thing works,
I just need to be able to define the mask of cores for the dpdk port and
to be able to identify the primary one for managing timers or the tx queue.

I found it quite awkward to nail down a pmd lcore id to do
rte_timer_manage for each netdev.
The Œother_config¹ field would be ok for a start I guess.
You could set a mask for distributing the rxq¹s and a core number for the
lcore to tie the tx / other future netdev housekeeping( rte timer
management) to.

Regards,

Dave.