[ovs-discuss] virtio pmd dpdk queues set up.

David Evans davidjoshuaevans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 20:17:52 UTC 2016

Hi openvswitch,

I am trying to set up ovs inside a vm for some special functions. I am also
using dpdk.
i get a seg fault at

nb_used = VIRTQUEUE_NUSED(rxvq);

in virtio_recv_mergeable_pkts. because the vq ring is not initialized.
from gdb :
 vq_ring = {num = 0, desc = 0x0, avail = 0x0, used = 0x0},

What's going on here? What would make vq_ring's not be set up?

I followed the instructions regarding VM setup for kvm by editing the xml
file for the guest.

`<driver name='vhost' queues='2'/>`  as required.

Is there anything else i need to have done? Maybe i am missing
something essential on the Hypervisor side.

Regards

Dave.