[ovs-discuss] Separate multiple untagged networks

Petr Horacek phoracek at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 11:30:06 UTC 2016

Hello,

IIUIC we have to attach OVS bond to an OVS bridge, so it would look like
this:

$ ovs-vsctl -- \
    add-br br0 -- \
    --fake-iface add-bond br0 bond1 eth0 eth1 -- \
    --fake-iface add-bond br0 bond2 eth2 eth3
# attach VMs to the bridge

(eth0+eth1=bond1)--br0--VMs
(eth2+eth3=bond2)---/

And therefore VMs would be able to reach bond2, which is the problem.

What makes more sense, to create multiple OVS bridges (one for each
physical iface/bond) or some OF rules (if it is even possible).

TL;DR: we want to be able to setup two OVS bondings which are not able to
see each other.

Thanks,
Petr