[ovs-discuss] Disable MAC learning on certain ports

Farhad Sunavala fsbiz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 17:30:20 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am aware that the MAC address gets learnt only when the packet passes through a flow with NORMAL action.This is fine and works for some cases. However, it seems a little too restrictive.
I am working on service function chaining and there are several network functionsthat are implemented as bump-in-the-wire. E.g.
SRC----SF1---DST
If SF1 is a bump-in-the-wire service function, I need to disable learning on the egress port of SF1 (towards DST).   This can easily be done by actuallyspecifying the output port to point to DST.
But, a general hook which disables learning and allows the packet to flow through "normal"action would be great.
thanks,Farhad.