[ovs-discuss] Fresh install not passing traffic

Troy Beisigl troy at i2bnetworks.com
Thu Apr 21 19:48:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

I’m new to OVS. I just installed version 2.5.0 on CentOS 6.6. This machine is running as a VM on a VMware host. It has eth0 as it’s primary interface for management. eth1 is a trunked port and eth2 is an access port on a different vlan than eth0. I have added the br0 interface and eth1 to br0. I have added eth3 and eth4 as “access” ports on br0 on vlan 104. eth3 and eth4 are VMs on the same host machine. I am not able to pass traffic between the two VMs connected on eth3 and 4 or across the vlan on the eth1 trunk. Any idea what may be missing? I know that eth3 and 4 do pass traffic from this ovs machine to each individual VM as I remove them from the ovs config and put an IP on them and reach the VM connected to it.

[root at vswitch01test openvswitch-2.5.0]# ovs-vsctl show
75aea142-91f1-4dce-8fde-deabe92e7a43
    Bridge "br0"
        Port "eth3"
            tag: 104
            Interface "eth3"
        Port "eth1"
            Interface "eth1"
        Port "br0"
            Interface "br0"
                type: internal
        Port "eth4"
            tag: 104
            Interface "eth4"
[root at vswitch01test openvswitch-2.5.0]#

[root at vswitch01test openvswitch-2.5.0]# ps ax|grep ovs
 2918 ?        Ss     0:00 ovsdb-server --remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock --remote=db:Open_vSwitch,Open_vSwitch,manager_options --private-key=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,private_key --certificate=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,certificate --bootstrap-ca-cert=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,ca_cert --pidfile --detach
 2921 ?        Ssl    0:15 ovs-vswitchd --pidfile —detach

Best regards,

Troy