[ovs-discuss] problem with add port to ovs

Tomasz Łukojko tomekk312 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 08:19:13 UTC 2016

hey,

Problem start when i want tio add port to br:
"vs-vsctl add-port br0 gre1 -- set interface gre1 type=gre
ovs-vsctl: Error detected while setting up 'gre1'.  See ovs-vswitchd log
for details."
 and now i cant add any port. I try del br and make new one but same.

My process of instalation ovs on kali linux:(its ok?)

*wget http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-2.5.0.tar.gz
<http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-2.5.0.tar.gz>*

*tar xzf openvswitch-2.5.0*

*cd openvswitch-2.5.0 *

*./configure --prefix=/usr --with-linux=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build*

*make*

*make install*

*make modules_install*

*depmod –a *

*/sbin/modprobe openvswitch*

*/etc/init.d/openvswitch-switch start*

i configure gre tunel on ovs and get problem  cuz cant add some prot and it
write check ovs-vswitchd log. I want to try check it but its write:

​​i check also ovs-appctl vlog/list and ovs-appctl vlog/set
module[:facility[:level]]

Regards Tomasz
​