[ovs-discuss] Unable to add bridge ovsbr0 port vnet0: Operation not supported

Vivek Gupta vivek-g at hcl.com
Fri Apr 29 12:08:38 UTC 2016

Thanks Sugesh. As suggested, I am making Host-VM communication using  vhost-user port.

Please correct my understanding for vhost-user port which is as below-

After VM creation, I will pass vhost-user socket to VM machine in QEMU but not able to understand how this socket will get connected to VM machine's NIC.Until and unless HOST NIC is connected to VM's NIC there won't be any communication from host to VM machine.

Thanks & Regards
Vivek Gupta