[ovs-discuss] Open vSwitch Fall 2016 Conference: Call for Participation

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Wed Aug 31 20:49:05 UTC 2016

The Open vSwitch team will host our third annual conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN on November 7 and 8, 2016, to be held at the San Jose Doubletree.

Topics that may be considered include:

* The future of Open vSwitch (e.g., P4 and eBPF).

* NAT, DPI, and stateful processing with Open vSwitch.

* Deploying and using OVN.

* Testing and scaling OVN.

* NIC acceleration of Open vSwitch.

* Using Open vSwitch to realize NFV and service chaining.

* Porting Open vSwitch to new operating systems, hypervisors,
  or container systems.

* Integrating Open vSwitch into larger systems.

* Troubleshooting and debugging Open vSwitch installations.

* Open vSwitch development and testing practices.

* Performance measurements or approaches to improving
  performance.

* End-user or service provider experiences with Open vSwitch.

* Hardware ports of Open vSwitch (existing, in progress, or
  speculative).

* The relationship between OpenFlow and Open vSwitch.

* Using, developing, or administering OpenFlow controllers in
  conjunction with Open vSwitch.

* Comparisons to other implementations of features found in
  Open vSwitch (e.g. other OpenFlow implementations, other
  software switches, etc.).

* Increasing the size and diversity of the Open vSwitch user
  and developer base.

* Tutorials and walkthroughs of use cases.

* Demos.

* Other topics likely to be of interest to attendees.

We expect most talks to last 20 minutes, with added time for questions.  We will do a separate call for shorter lightning talks.

Talks will be recorded and made available online.

How to propose a talk
We are soliciting proposals for talks and panels on topics related to Open vSwitch.

Please submit proposals to to the following URL by September 16:

	https://goo.gl/forms/hX3xSwfaUXCuqFCq2

Speakers will be notified of acceptance by October 3.

Speakers should plan to attend the event in person.  Travel to and accommodations in San Jose are the responsibility of attendees.

How to attend