[ovs-discuss] Streaming telemetry

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Thu Dec 1 04:48:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 12:20:59PM +1100, Shivaram Mysore wrote:
> Can I configure OVS in Openflow mode to constantly send telemetry data
> (ofstats) to a particular configured controller without the controller
> polling for data?
>
> Or is there an other way?

OpenFlow doesn't have a feature for that (well, OF1.5 has a "trigger"
mechanism for stats, but I don't think that it supports general-purpose
streaming), and OVS hasn't invented an extension for it.

OVS does push *port* stats periodically to OVSDB, which can be streamed,
but there's no similar mechanism for flows.