[ovs-discuss] Flow-based VXLAN Tunnel Performance

Guru Shetty guru at ovn.org
Fri Dec 16 18:13:23 UTC 2016

* Firstly, getting 10 Gbps for stock vxlan is surprising. Are you using
vxlan hardware offload capable NICs?
* Such drastic performance difference is not expected.
* Give a very simple example of how you are using flow based VXLAN. i.e the
actual flow.
* What is the kernel module that you are using? Is it from upstream linux?
Or is it the one from OVS repo?
* What version of OVS are you using? Does the performance characteristic
change with different OVS version?