[ovs-discuss] OVN on a non-OpenStack and non-sandbox environment.

pranab boruah pranabjyotiboruah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 10:45:30 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,
We are trying to experiment OVN ACLs on a native setup.(non-OpenStack and
non-sandbox). We couldn't find any blog posts or documentation on how to do
this.
*Gerhard Stenzel*  has posted in this thread somewhat similar to what I
need :
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2016-July/041871.html

But my requirements are different. Also the ovn architecture document
specifically mentions that we shouldn't add physical ports to br-int* :*
* C**h**a**s**s**i**s* *S**e**t**u**p *section in
http://openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs/ovn-architecture.7.html.

Setup Configurations :
Physical Host 1:
      - ovs 2.6 installed.
      - launched a VM with MacVTap(macvtap0) to em1(physical NIC).
      - VM's nic ip : 172.16.10.50

Physical Host 2:
      - em1(Physical NIC) with IP 172.16.10.10

I can ping 172.16.10.50 from 172.16.10.10. My question is how do I set-up
ACL rules for the traffic that are to be allowed/not-allowed to this VM.
The constraints are :
1) Should work in non-OpenStack and non-sandbox environment.
2) VM's interface attached either through MacVTap or SRIOV modes only.

Please help!
Thanks