[ovs-discuss] Bundles support for PacketOut messages

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Feb 3 23:06:41 UTC 2016

In my experience, the most effective way to get a new feature into
OpenFlow is to first prototype it as an extension, then to later propose
it for standardization.

If you're concerned about compatibility with other OpenFlow switches,
then either way you have to get the other switches to implement what you
want; packet-in isn't a natural fit for bundles.