[ovs-discuss] systemd ovs-vswitchd starts too early

Benoit benoitne at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 13:14:54 UTC 2016

On Archlinux (or Parabola) there is only one systemd unit provied (no
nonetwork)

cat ovs-vswitchd.service
[Unit]
Description    = Open vSwitch Daemon
Documentation  = man:ovs-vswitchd
Wants          = network.target
Before         = network.target
Requires       = ovsdb-server.service
After          = ovsdb-server.service

[Service]
ExecStartPre = /sbin/modprobe openvswitch
PIDFile = /run/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.pid
ExecStart = /usr/sbin/ovs-vswitchd
--pidfile=/run/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.pid

[Install]
WantedBy       = multi-user.target

I have the same issue than Mark, no way for openvswitch to start
correctly, I have tested multiple scenarios