[ovs-discuss] conntrack in userspace with OVS + DPDK

soumyadeep.chowdhury at wipro.com soumyadeep.chowdhury at wipro.com
Tue Feb 9 04:07:41 UTC 2016

Thanks Deniele,

        I can't see any design note in your repo (https://github.com/ddiproietto/ovs/tree/userconntrack_20151115) regarding conntrack in userspace.

I have already gone through -
1. conntrack related presentations given during fall conference
2. code walkthrough in your repo for conntrack related changes
3. run through few basic testscases to realize the firewall action using conntrack.

Got some basic idea about what you are doing and how. But if you have any specific design note or something about the future plans for review, would be great.

I can see the table zone and Alg is the one area, implementation pending. So, whats the plan on these.
Also, not able to dump the conntrack table values. I can see you have the conntrack dump functions are already in place. But does it mapped to any appctl command?

We have a team here in Wipro, interested in same area. If you need any help in implementation of some of the remaining parts, we can collaborate.

-Soumyadeep