[ovs-discuss] Bundles support for PacketOut messages

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Feb 10 21:27:40 UTC 2016

I talked to Jarno about this.

We think that implementing PacketOut as part of a bundle is going to be
a considerable amount of work.  Because bundles are atomic, it would be
necessary to buffer all of the side effects (packet-ins to controllers,
packets output to conventional ports, and so on) so that they can be
rolled back if anything later on in the bundle failed.

However, if you want to undertake the work, we'd be inclined to accept
it as long as it's cleanly written.