[ovs-discuss] Bundles support for PacketOut messages

André Mantas andremantas7 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:50:46 UTC 2016

I can see the point about packet out not being considered a "modification".
But it still makes sense to group flow mods with packet outs (that output
to the flow tables) for example.

Yes packet out messages would need to be buffered until the rest of
messages are committed from what I understand:

>From section 7.3.9.8: "Modification requests may require replies to be
returned to the controller or events to be generated. Because any message
of the bundle may fail, replies and events can only be generated once all
modifications in the bundle have been applied."

However, that might be something I'm willing to do if I really need it (I
still need to confirm this).