[ovs-discuss] OVS mirrored port not visible (pakets not recived to) inside vm

Alula tesh amirphoto47 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 17:52:57 UTC 2016

I'm trying to use openvswitch in virtualBox. I have three ports (p1,p2,p3)
attached to an OVS bridge (br1). I run the following command to mirror all
packets from p1 & p2 to p3.

*ovs-vsctl -- set Bridge br1 mirrors=@m -- --id=@p1 get Port p1 -- --id=@p2
get Port p2 -- --id=@p3 get Port p3 -- --id=@m create Mirror name=mymirror
select-dst-port=@p1, at p2 select-src-port=@p1, at p2 output-port=@p3*

It works fine. when I do

ovs-vsctl list Bridge br1

I can see the mirror. *The problem is when I connect VM to p3 using (Bridge
adapter) inside the vm, I can't see the packets (mirrored packets) coming*.

I tried this by doing ping from other vms connected to p1 and p2. I except
a tcpdump command should catch the ping between p1 & p2, because this
packets should be mirrored to p3.

Thank you for any help.