[ovs-discuss] troubles with connectivity

Hala Mazirh hala.mazirh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:52:56 UTC 2016

Hello All,
I would like to ask about the configuration used to connect 2 virtual
machines through open vwitch.
My scheme is 3vms connected through an ovs, 2 vm for traffic the 3rd one
for monitoring. Bellow the configuration I used
 sudo ovs-vsctl add-br br0
~$ sudo ip tuntap add mode tap dev tap0
~$ sudo ip link set dev tap0 up
 sudo ip link set tap0 up
-:~$ sudo ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tap0
~$ sudo ifconfig br0 up
:~$ sudo ifconfig br0 172.16.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
And i changed the network adapter of the machine to the bridged type, 1st
vm connected to tap0 the 2nd connected to tap 1.
I configured interfaces for each vm with addresses from the same network
and i still have no connectivity when i try to ping from the vms I have
Network unreachable.

I would be greateful if anyone can help me solve the problem.
THank you in advanced.

--
Hala MAZIRH