[ovs-discuss] 802.1 ad patch /patch/584074/

gayathri.manepalli at wipro.com gayathri.manepalli at wipro.com
Mon Feb 22 10:20:17 UTC 2016

Hi Arun,

Please find my comments inline,

1. When I send untagged or ctagged packets on veth0, the tshark capture on veth2 shows another tag being added with VLAN 100 as expected. However, the tpid is "8100" rather than 88a8 as expected.

//In our test bed we are using Spirent as traffic gen and we are able to see tpid as “88a8”. Can you share which traffic generator and capture tool you are using ?

2. When I try to send packets on veth2, I am not seeing any packets come through to veth0.

// If you want to send packets from veth2(trunk mode) to veth0 (trunk-qinq mode), you have to send tagged packet (with vlan id as 100 as per your below configuration) , otherwise packet will get dropped.

3. Also I would like to change the outer tag to 9100 instead of 88a8. Is this possible? I can also make code changes if required.

// Current implementation is based on IEEE standard 802.1ad(tpid 88a8). However we have plan to make this configurable then 9100 can be supported. Feel free to make necessary code changes to make this configurable and share the source code.

Thanks & Regards,
Gayathri