[ovs-discuss] How to deal with packets if flow in datapath is " XXX, actions=CONTROLLER " ?

yewgang batmanustc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 02:38:10 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I have no idea of openvswitch code of datapath-linux that How to deal with
packets if flow in datapath is " XXX, actions=CONTROLLER " or " XXX,
actions=LOCAL " ?

Which I means is that in code of datapath, if actions of flow is TO
CONTROLLER and packets match this flow, how the datapath deal with this
packets? Send packet to user space by NETLINK method just like flow miss or
send packet to user space through vport just like local-vport?

And also what's method if actions=LOCAL?