[ovs-discuss] HW-VTEP (OVN) support without ACL and BFD

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Mon Feb 29 20:40:22 UTC 2016

> On Feb 29, 2016, at 11:28 AM, Shalit, Amir <amir.shalit at hpe.com> wrote:
>
> I’m working on a hw-vtep support in openswitch. Initial release doesn’t have ACL support nor BFD.
> How prevalent is ACL in OVN setups (deployments) ?
> How prevalent is BFD ?

We don't have a list of who is using OVN, so you'd need to ask around to see how people are planning to deploy it.  I imagine most deployments will use ACLs right out of the gate.  BFD won't really be useful until there's a story around fail-over, which I expect before too long, but isn't fully formed yet.

--Justin