[ovs-discuss] HW-VTEP (OVN) support without ACL and BFD

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Feb 29 23:54:28 UTC 2016

BFD won't really be useful until there's a story
> around fail-over, which I expect before too long, but isn't fully formed yet.

I have been trying to figure out if I can access BFD states from outside applications.  I see that the table records get updated, but how best to signal that to an external application.  Recently, in the openvswitch docs somewhere, I saw that it is possible to wait on record changes events.

With that, loosely thinking, I could signal quagga/zebra/exabgp change events, ie the bruce force and ignorance way until there is some better, more direct, integration.

--
believed to be clean.