[ovs-discuss] How to test CFM functionality in OVS ?

Anudattu 2 anudattu.2 at tcs.com
Wed Jan 6 06:39:55 UTC 2016

Hi ALL,  I am trying  to understand CFM functionality in OVS,  I made the setup in a Ubuntu host, But I am unable to see any CCM/CFM packets on tap ports, but these ports showing  cfm_fault           : false and cfm_fault_status    : [].
I made setup  as follows:  1. Created two OVS bridges and two tap ports in a host [I am using Ubuntu 14.04]         ovs-vsctl add-br br0      ovs-vsctl add-br br1           ip tuntap add mode tap p0         ip tuntap add mode tap p1     ifconfig p0 up     ifconfig p1 up

2.   Added the tap ports to bridges and connected these ports by patch     ovs-vsctl add-port br1 p1 -- set Interface p1 type=patch  options:peer=p0 --  add-port br0 p0 -- set Interface p0 type=patch  options:peer=p1
  3.  Configured cfm_mpid, cfm_interval, cfm_extended=true and cfm_demand=true on ports.     ovs-vsctl set Interface p0 cfm_mpid=1     ovs-vsctl set Interface p1 cfm_mpid=2            ovs-vsctl set Interface p0 other_config:cfm_interval=300 other_config:cfm_extended=true         other_config:cfm_demand=true            ovs-vsctl set Interface p1 other_config:cfm_interval=300 other_config:cfm_extended=true other_config:cfm_demand=true
4.  ovs-appctl cfm/show p0    ---- p0 ----
MPID 1: extended    average health: 100     opstate: up     remote_opstate: up     interval: 300ms     next CCM tx: 86ms     next fault check: 537ms  Remote MPID 2     recv since check: true     opstate: up
  5.  ovs-appctl cfm/show p1  ---- p1 ----  MPID 2: extended     	average health: 100     	opstate: up     	remote_opstate: up     	interval: 300ms     	next CCM tx: 57ms     	next fault check: 1607ms  Remote MPID 1      recv since check: true      opstate: up
Please suggest me correct setup to test CFM in OVS.
  Thanks & Regards, Anudattu.
and any attachments. Thank you