[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch Compatibility With DPDK on CentOS 7

Kavanagh, Mark B mark.b.kavanagh at intel.com
Tue Jan 12 10:09:10 UTC 2016

>Yes I have used DPDK as a combined library. I still get the same result.
>
>On Monday, January 11, 2016 12:05 PM, "Kavanagh, Mark B" <mark.b.kavanagh at intel.com> wrote:
>

>I am currently using dpdk 2.0.0 with ovs 2.4.0 -

When you build DPDK v2.0.0, the name of the generated combined library is libintel_dpdk.a; however for DPDK v2.1.0 and later versions, that name has changed to libdpdk.a.

OVS v2.4.0 links against the latter, so you should either upgrade your DPDK version, or change acinclude.m4 in OVS to link against libintel_dpdk.a instead.

See the following patch for details on the library name change: http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2015-September/059616.html