[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch Compatibility With DPDK on CentOS 7

Kavanagh, Mark B mark.b.kavanagh at intel.com
Tue Jan 12 13:21:12 UTC 2016

An addendum to my earlier mail, as I spotted an inaccuracy on my part.
/Mark

>>Yes I have used DPDK as a combined library. I still get the same result.
>>
>>On Monday, January 11, 2016 12:05 PM, "Kavanagh, Mark B" <mark.b.kavanagh at intel.com> wrote:
>>

>>I am currently using dpdk 2.0.0 with ovs 2.4.0 -
>
>When you build DPDK v2.0.0, the name of the generated combined library is libintel_dpdk.a;
>however for DPDK v2.1.0 and later versions, that name has changed to libdpdk.a.
>
>OVS v2.4.0 links against the latter, so you should either upgrade your DPDK version, or
>change acinclude.m4 in OVS to link against libintel_dpdk.a instead.

OVS v2.4.0 (as in the release tag 'v2.4.0') actually links against lib intel_dpdk.a, not libdpdk.a; current head of master links against lib_dpdk.a.

From your config log, I see the following line:

	/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lintel_dpdk

As per my previous mail, the root cause of the issue is still that the version of DPDK that you are using is either not building a combined library, or else is creating a library with a name that your version of OVS doesn't expect, which points to a mismatch in the OVS/DPDK combination that you are using.

For clarity, could you specify the exact OVS and DPDK commits that you are working with?