[ovs-discuss] Is there any hardware switch which implements the Open vSwitch Database Management Protocol

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Tue Jan 19 17:07:29 UTC 2016

> On Jan 19, 2016, at 6:59 AM, Jannis Ohms <jannis.ohms2 at ostfalia.de> wrote:
>
> Hi guys
>
> Iam looking for a protocoll to auto configure SDN hardware but no vendor seems to use OF-Config.
> Dose any one know a vendor which implements OVSDB ?

There are a number of vendors that support the "vtep" schema for OVSDB on their hardware switches:

	http://openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs-2.4/vtep.5.html

This allows a virtual network controller such as NSX or OVN to tell the hardware how to get traffic in and out of a virtual network.

I imagine quite a few vendors support the "Open_vSwitch" schema if they're using OVS to implement their OpenFlow stack.

The list of vendors would be pretty different depending on what you're looking for.  If you can describe that, I could guide you better.

--Justin