[ovs-discuss] vxlan udp csum and openstack ovs performance

康敬亭 jingting at unitedstack.com
Fri Jan 22 05:38:34 UTC 2016

The linux kernel is 3.12.21 on both reciever and sender.
The version of ovs is 2.4 release.
I do insmod openvswitch.ko and vport-vxlan.ko.

From:  "Jesse Gross"<jesse at kernel.org>;
Date:  Fri, Jan 22, 2016 12:49 PM
To:  "康敬亭"<jingting at unitedstack.com>;
Cc:  "discuss"<discuss at openvswitch.org>;
Subject:  Re: [ovs-discuss] vxlan udp csum and openstack ovs performance

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 7:41 PM, 康敬亭 <jingting at unitedstack.com> wrote:
> Hi Gross:
>     Thank you for your reply.
>     I know that OVS2.4 already supports vxlan csum,and I create a port in
> accordance with the following command:
>     “ovs-vsctl add-port ovs-vx vxlan0 -- set interface vxlan0 type=vxlan
>
>     But I found no effect with vxlan performance,so I try to do it with
> coding.
>     what do you suggest how to do it.

The above syntax is correct, so modifying the code shouldn't have any
effect. What kernel are you running this on (both sender and
receiver)? Is this the OVS out-of-tree or upstream module?