[ovs-discuss] Quagga and OpenvSwitch

Shivram Krishnan rorrykeys at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 00:13:18 UTC 2016

Hey Guys,

Hope you all are doing well.

I have a simple three switches set up. Lets call them A,B and C . A is
connected to B and C , B is connected to A and C and C is connected to A
and B.

A,B,C are running quagga as a routing daemon and are able to exchange the
routing information.

Now I install OVS on A,B,C and connect them to the external controller.

But after connecting this, A,B,C seem to not to be exchanging routing
information . This is expected because now the switch needs rules which are
to be added by the controller so that it could forward the BGP packets
generated by Quagga.

Now how do I make quagga work with A,B,C when it is connected to an
external controller?

Thanks,
Shivram