[ovs-discuss] Is there any hardware switch which implements the Open vSwitch Database Management Protocol

Jannis Ohms jannis.ohms2 at ostfalia.de
Tue Jan 26 14:17:00 UTC 2016

I came across this post
http://networkstatic.net/getting-started-ovsdb/
This post indicates that you can use OVSDB to configure an OVS.
I want to automate the setup and configuration of an SDN Network.
So the rollout of the Network can easily preformd by pluging everything together.
For a real network I would need real hardware SDN switches which I can configure via OVSDB.
I understand the VTEP as some kind of bridge betwenn fully virtualized networks and legacie Aplications which can not be virtualized.

kind regards

Jannis Ohms

--
Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences
Research Group IP-based Communication Systems

Tel.:   + 49 (0)5331 939 43320
Fax:    + 49 (0)5331 939 43322
E-Mail: jannis.ohms2 at ostfalia.de
Web:    http://www.ostfalia.de/cms/de/e