[ovs-discuss] restarting openvswitch leaves ovs bridge down and with no IP

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Fri Jan 29 00:02:09 UTC 2016

Please don't drop the mailing list.

It's hard for me to guess whether this is an issue with ovs-vswitchd or
something wrapped around it.  To tell the difference, I would start by
doing a lower-level start.  One way to do that is to run "ps ax|grep
ovs-vswitchd" to see the ovs-vswitchd command line, then kill ovs, then
restart it by running the full command line you saw before.  Another
way, that will work if you see --monitor in the OVS command line, is to
just kill ovs-vswitchd with a SEGV signal, e.g. "kill -SEGV `cat
/var/run/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.pid`".

If you restart OVS one of those ways, do you still see the issue?