[ovs-discuss] OVS code flow

Sameena Sultana ssultana at etrancenetworks.com
Tue Jul 12 09:51:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

Currently I am working on implementation of L2 switch, I got the OVS source
code and trying to go through the code flow, unfortunately i am unable to
understand code flow. i have some doubts to be cleared.

1. Does each and every operation in OVS has its own rule defined?
    (eg. setting rule for ARP resolution)

2. When i am adding a bridge using the command "sudo ovs-vsctl add-br br0"
,
    the API "nl_transact" is getting called to send bridge info to
datapath(Linux
    kernel), am I right?

3. What is the role of bundle.

If the information provided is not enough to understand my problem, please
let me konw.

--
Regards,
Sameena