[ovs-discuss] Running 1st time after Yi Yang patches

Rui Q mail.to.estagio at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:11:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

Quick doubt:

I had a version of OVS running normally (connecting to ODL etc).
I've installed Yi Yang patches accordingly to [1]
In the end I ran "sudo make install" to overwrite the existing OVS
installation

After this, I get the typical error:
" ovs-vsctl: unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock: database
connection failed (No such file or directory) "

Is it normal / do I have to run the next commands (as if I was running OVS
for the 1st time [2]) ?
*Yes/No/Something else?*

sudo ovsdb-tool create /usr/local/etc/openvswitch/conf.db
> vswitchd/vswitch.ovsschema
> sudo ovsdb-server --remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock \
>                  --remote=db:Open_vSwitch,Open_vSwitch,manager_options \
>                  --private-key=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,private_key \
>                  --certificate=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,certificate \
>                  --bootstrap-ca-cert=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,ca_cert \
>                  --pidfile --detach
> sudo ovs-vsctl --no-wait init
> sudo ovs-vswitchd --pidfile --detach

Thanks