[ovs-discuss] ifconfig counters issue!

fatt 3issam fatt_8 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:29:43 UTC 2016

Hello;
I'm trying to test poor connexion networks. So in a simple linear topology (host1 ---- switch1 ------ (s2-eth2)switch2(s2-eth1) ----- host2) I created packet loss (50%) in the interface s2-eth2 using the tc command, I pinged from host1 to host2 and indeed the ping results are around the 50% loss. Now the problem is when I try to prove these results with ifconfig I'm seeing that the rx/tx drop counts are always 0 (the same goes for the errors/overruns/collisions counters with their specific tests of course)!!!
P.S: I also tried to jam the network by creating some background trafic with iperf tool but still seeing 0s!
How can I affect ifconfig counters or how to actually make veth interfaces feel what's going on! because I need to have those numbers registred on the port's stats to get them from OpenFlow after!!
I hope that this issue is clear and thanks in advance.Best regards.