[ovs-discuss] just-ovn-nodes

Flavio Fernandes flavio at flaviof.com
Thu Jul 28 17:16:21 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

Just wanted to share some _very modest_ work I'm wrapping up in the next few days, before I disappear from the grid while traveling abroad.

I put together a basic Vagrant based OVN setup that tries to provide a way of using OVS with a [kinda] real datapath while keeping it simpler and quicker to deploy.

It is largely inspired by Guru's https://github.com/shettyg/ovn-namespace <https://github.com/shettyg/ovn-namespace>, but with a few scripts to make it simpler to poke around.

I am migrating from pelican to hugo and will post a page that will hopefully help folks new to OVN in deploying VMS and easily create namespaces to exercise OVN -- as if OpenStack was being used.

I failed in getting a kernel new enough to have l3 nat working... that will have to wait.

Anyways, this is the Github for the project [1], and I will finish the blog [2] by weekend. Bear in mind it provides no value to most of you. 😃 Well, the only value may be that it offers a place for you to point OVN newbies to for the basics hands on.

Best,

-- flaviof

[1]: https://github.com/flavio-fernandes/just-ovn-nodes <https://github.com/flavio-fernandes/just-ovn-nodes>
[2]: http://www.flaviof.com/blog2/post/main/just-ovn-nodes/ <http://www.flaviof.com/blog2/post/main/just-ovn-nodes/>