[ovs-discuss] Host to Switch Interactions with Custom Labels

Sam Snodgrass sam.psnodgrass at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:09:18 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I have made some modifications to OpenVSwitch and our controller (Ryu)
to support custom OpenFlow labels. I have successfully compiled both
OpenVSwitch and Ryu with my modifications, and have verified that the
controller and switch are able to communicate with each other.
However, I do not know how I can test my modifications from the host
side. My attempts to use scapy to construct a packet within a host
node with my custom labels are not working. The switch sees the packet
coming from scapy, but does not match on the field. My intent is to
create a packet containing my custom labels, and have my switch match
that packet on those custom labels. I can create a static flow inside
the switch using my custom labels, but the packet coming from scapy
(on the host) is not matching the flow. Does anyone have any
suggestions for testing host to switch interactions with custom
labels?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Sam