[ovs-discuss] Setting a VLAN ID

Elisa Rojas elisa.rojas.sanchez at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:55:33 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have a simple deployment with one OVS and 2 hosts to try the modification
of VLAN ID/tags. Basically, I'm matching an input port+VLAN ID and setting
an output port+VLAN ID. The thing is that I see the flow properly installed
and the packet arriving at the switch, but then the output packet is going
out without modificating the VLAN ID field.

Therefore, the hosts will only ping each other if they have the same VLAN
ID, otherwise, the frame is discarded at the destination host, because it
still has the source VLAN ID, instead of the destination VLAN ID (which is
at least correctly defined when checking the rules installed in mod_vlan).

We've tried with OVS 2.0.2 and 2.5. We've also tried setting the ports to
trunks and to specific access VLAN IDs, but still the same result. Any idea
of what could it be? Maybe it's something very obvious, but we've tried
everything we knew so far...

Much thanks in advance.
Best,
--