[ovs-discuss] OVS executable

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo cascardo at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 17:15:51 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 05:05:54PM +0000, Rajasekaran, Monica wrote:
> Hi Cascardo,
>
> Alright, thank you. But, I need to know where to executables are in order to write the same. Any idea on that?
>
> Thanks,
> Monica
>

>From the Yocto manual, you don't need to indicate the files you want to install.

"
Autotools and CMake: If the software your recipe is building uses Autotools or
CMake, the OpenEmbedded build system understands how to install the software.
Consequently, you do not have to have a do_install task as part of your recipe.
You just need to make sure the install portion of the build completes with no
issues. However, if you wish to install additional files not already being
installed by make install, you should do this using a do_install_append function
using the install command as described in the "Manual" bulleted item later in
this list.
"

In any case, depending on how you configured and built it, ovs binaries would be
in /usr/local/bin/ and /usr/local/sbin/, or /usr/bin/ and /usr/sbin/, but could
be any other place if you called the ./configure script by using a different
bindir, or even when calling make install, if you specified a different DESTDIR,
for example.

Here is another pair of manuals that could be of help.

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/index.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/index.html

Cascardo.