[ovs-discuss] extensible statistics (OF 1.5) from controller to switch

dsainz at CS.technion.ac.il dsainz at CS.technion.ac.il
Wed Mar 2 18:31:52 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The extensible statistics of flow tables are possible in OF 1.5 though as
I saw the OXS information goes strictly from switch to controller. The
controller is unable to tell the switch via OXS which statistics it wants
to add in the flow entry and which it doesn't. Please, correct me if I am
wrong.

If you guys are currently implementing OXS, have you taken this into
account? Maybe adding it as a desirable feature for OF, or just an extra
feature for OVS?

cheers,

David.