[ovs-discuss] Compatibility of OVS 2.4 with DPDK 2.2

Traynor, Kevin kevin.traynor at intel.com
Fri Mar 4 10:15:53 UTC 2016

I agree with Justin and would recommend using OVS2.5 with DPDK 2.2, there's bug
fixes and new features.

OVS 2.4 supports DPDK 2.0. The DPDK library name changed between DPDK 2.0
and DPDK 2.1, so you would need to modify OVS 2.4 as per the below patch to make
it work with DPDK 2.1 or DPDK 2.2. There's also another patch needed if you're
using IVSHMEM and DPDK 2.2.
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2015-September/059616.html