[ovs-discuss] Debugging through OVS

Rajasekaran, Monica Monica.Rajasekaran at us.fujitsu.com
Fri Mar 18 21:54:05 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

While trying to understand parts of the code, I would like to print stuff to the terminal so that I know how the flow works. But I tried printf, even vlog/set to DBG. Nothing gets printed though my OVS is working perfectly! Am I missing something ?

*Side Note: I even tried with a print inside vport-internal_dev.c --> internal_dev_xmit(). That's not the first function to be called when a packet enters ovs but it is pretty initial. That's the one that calls ovs_vport_receive().

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.