[ovs-discuss] Is there another way to make OVS L3 switch except adding flow entry of ARP?

Flavio Leitner fbl at sysclose.org
Wed Mar 30 21:26:08 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 10:13:15AM +0900, 병욱이 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to make OVS L3 switch.
>
> By googling, I know that OVS cannot behave default gateway without some ARP
> flow entry setting, so I need to add some flow entry dealing with ARP, IP
> packet
> (for example, at
> http://dtucker.co.uk/hack/building-a-router-with-openvswitch.html, code)
>
> But It is so difficult. because. whenever I want
> to connect different subnet, I should use many 'ovs-ofctl add flow...' key
> words.
>
> Is there another way to make OVS L3 switch except adding flow entry of ARP?

You can use a controller smart enough to do all the add-flow for you.
Here are some links, though I haven't tried myself.
http://www.routereflector.com/2013/11/natively-l3-routing-using-sdn-pox-controller/
https://haryachyy.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/learning-pox-openflow-controller-imitating-l3/

--
fbl