[ovs-discuss] how to implement "add flow"

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Mon May 2 17:56:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 11:21:24PM +0000, Kai Ma (kaima) wrote:
> > 在 2016年4月28日,下午10:01,Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> 写道:

> >>   Can you please show me the which command line?
> >
> > The ovs-ofctl command line.  ovs-ofctl is a standalone, command-line
> > utility.
>     Sure, I tried ova-ofctl cli, just want to know how to specify open flow switch by cli.

The manpage says:

       Most of these commands take an argument that specifies the  method  for
       connecting to an OpenFlow switch.  The following connection methods are
       supported:

              ssl:ip[:port]
              tcp:ip[:port]
                     The specified port on the host at  the  given  ip,  which
                     must  be  expressed  as an IP address (not a DNS name) in
                     IPv4 or IPv6 address  format.   Wrap  IPv6  addresses  in
                     square  brackets,  e.g.  tcp:[::1]:6653.   For  ssl,  the
                     --private-key, --certificate, and --ca-cert  options  are
                     mandatory.

                     If port is not specified, it defaults to 6653.

              unix:file
                     On POSIX, a Unix domain server socket named file.

                     On Windows, a localhost TCP port written in file.

              file   This  is  short  for  unix:file, as long as file does not
                     contain a colon.

              bridge This is short for  unix:/var/run/openvswitch/bridge.mgmt,
                     as long as bridge does not contain a colon.

              [type@]dp
                     Attempts  to  look  up  the bridge associated with dp and
                     open as above.  If type is given, it specifies the  data‐
                     path  provider of dp, otherwise the default provider sys‐
                     tem is assumed.