[ovs-discuss] ovs-ofctl queue-get-config issue

fatt 3issam fatt_8 at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 20:04:38 UTC 2016

Thanks for the instant reply.All that mininet can do is to fix somewhat link bandwidth with the tc tool but the ports of ovs would still advertise the same original speed because they are virtual! I actually need that actual port speed to be limited to say 2MB instead of 10GB for example or at least have a default queue of that 2MB as a work around. So in the end I need to get either the port speed (which is of course constant and inherited from the physical eth interface and all ovs can do is to read it) or the queue rate (which you said it's an OpenFlow incomplete feature!), it needs to be read by OpenFlow necessarily because it's the only way a controller could request an openflow vswitch. I guess I can get with forwarding flows on a certain limit but I could never know the actual bandwidth utilization on a port because the port's speed is a constant that depends on my machine!