[ovs-discuss] OVS with NAT Configuration

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Wed May 4 06:52:39 UTC 2016

> On May 3, 2016, at 10:39 PM, Sheroo Pratap <sheroopratapresearch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Joe,
>
>    I found below link for NAT support in OVS 2.5.0 release, looks like NAT is supported in latest release.
>
>     http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/announce/2016-February/000081.html
>
>    if you see in below link it is mentioned here that ct is supported in OVS 2.5.0 release
>
>    http://openvswitch.org/releases/NEWS-2.5.0

Yes, connection tracking is part of 2.5.  However, the release states: "This feature makes it possible to implement stateful firewalls and will be the basis for future stateful features such as NAT and load-balancing."  Notice that it's referring to future features, which means they're not in that release.  The NAT code was accepted by the upstream Linux kernel and is currently being backported to earlier kernels, so I expect that they'll be in the next OVS release.

--Justin