[ovs-discuss] openvswitch master,do not support dpdk?

Chandran, Sugesh sugesh.chandran at intel.com
Mon May 9 08:04:00 UTC 2016

Regards
_Sugesh

From: discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org] On Behalf Of 307419146 at qq.com
Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 6:27 AM
To: discuss <discuss at openvswitch.org>
Subject: [ovs-discuss] openvswitch master,do not support dpdk?

hi all,
    when I test dpdkvhostuser VM live-migration with ovs-2.5.0 and dpdk 16.04,
I found that when Vm migrate to another host which has the same ovs and dpdk,
the ovs-vswtichd on  dest host cannot work well that cannot add new port to ovs.

    so I upgrade the ovs to the master code, but when I start ovs-vswitchd with dpdk,
it shows:

 [root at node-8 x86_64]#  /usr/sbin/ovs-vswitchd --dpdk -vhost_sock_dir /var/run/openvswitch -c 4 -n 1 --proc-type primary --huge-dir /dev/hugepages --socket-mem 4096 0 -- unix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock --pidfile=/var/run/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.pid --detach --monitor
ovs-vswitchd: Using --dpdk to configure DPDK is not supported.

[Sugesh] The master OVS code has been changed the way of configuring DPDK options. Refer the latest INSTALL.DPDK.md for more details. The DPDK configuration parameters must be set in the OVSDB before starting the ovs-vswitchd.

why  this happened?
and also ,ovs-2.5.0 is not updated for several monthes, how can I resolve this problem?

thanks very much.