[ovs-discuss] Multiple PMD threads for DPDK ports

Bhanu Chander Gaddoju bhanu.gaddoju at nxp.com
Tue May 17 06:21:21 UTC 2016

Hi All,

             I am creating a OVS bridge and attaching two dpdk ports(dpdk0 and dpdk1) to that bridge. I am using OVS version 2.5. After attaching the two ports to the bridge, I am observing that only one PMD thread is getting created for the two dpdk ports.
             Based on the OVS code, I understand that, OVS is finding the NUMA nodes and cores during initialization and it is creating PMD threads based on the number of cores of NUMA nodes. In my test case, I am seeing the number of numa nodes as 1 and cores as 1. is it possible in OVS to create a PMD thread per dpdk port?
         If possible, I would like to know how can I create two PMD threads in this case. Could anyone help me on this.

Regards,
Bhanu.