[ovs-discuss] replicated multicast traffic

Xu (Simon) Chen xchenum at gmail.com
Tue May 24 03:38:49 UTC 2016

We have SR-IOV based neutron networking for multicast with bare-metal
performance. But in this use case, I prefer to use OVS to have
multicast traffic isolated within each virtual networks, with
overlapping groups, etc.

I am curious how much work it is to write a simple controller to keep
track of IGMP join messages sent by mc receivers, and configure a
smaller set of destinations on sender VM's OVS instance...