[ovs-discuss] how to modify/extend openflow with openvswitch on openwrt

Zhongliang Zhao zhaozhongliang at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:42:57 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I am using OpenWrt on TL-1043ND. I installed Open vSwitch on OpenWrt
using the Open vSwitch package from the OpenWrt repository.
"ps w | grep ovs" returns "ovsdb-server" and "ovs-vswitchd" are running
fine.

My goal is to modify/extend openflow protocols to support wireless
traffic engineering.
But with the current installation of Open vSwitch on OpenWrt, where can
I find the openflow source code to work with?

Floodlight and ODL are both installed on another server as controller.

Any suggestion or advice are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Giovanni